Members and guests are urged to peruse the attached media release from the NSW State Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominelli MP, regarding the upcoming MANDATORY requirement for digital (QR CODE) signing in, to licensed premises in NSW from Monday 23rd November 2020.
Queanbeyan Golf Club has been transitioning from manual to digital (QR code) since Monday 26th October 2020. Our friendly staff have been assisting patrons in downloading the ServiceNSW app, and providing welcome assistance and support in using the QR code scanning process.
Below are a number of key excerpts from Minister Dominelli in his media release,
“we can’t respond to a pandemic with paper”
“any business that is serious about safety should be using digital”
“any business that thinks they are above the law will face serious penalties”
“I strongly encourage businesses to download a free NSW Government QR code and for customers to use the COVID Safe Check In through the Service NSW app.”
“So far more than 16,000 businesses have used a NSW Government QR code and 94 per cent of customers have given the COVID Safe Check In the thumbs up.”
Hi folks, to ensure Queanbeyan Golf Club remains in line with the most recent changes to the NSW Public Health Orders, the check-in procedure has been upgraded from the manual sign-in sheet, to the use of a digital QR code system provided by ServiceNSW.
The QR codes require you to download the ServiceNSW app on your smart phone, and you will be prompted to use the COVID Safe Check-in feature.
The process is very simple, and is as follows;
- Download the ServiceNSW app
- In the app, select “COVID Safe Check-in”
- Follow the prompts
- Show a staff member that you’ve signed in
If you have ANY trouble at all with this process, please ask one of our friendly staff, who will be very happy to help you out.
Once again thank you all for your continued support and adherence to our COVID-19 regulations. It feels like we are nearly there however restrictions remain in place and COVID updates are still provided daily as changes occur.
The scores have been very good lately and congratulations to all. 36 pts lucky to get a ball recently…
You will all have noticed that your handicap has changed with the new course ratings being applied from October 1 and it will be interesting to see if this has any effect on the scores. The recent rain and definition now on the fairways will no doubt be in the mind of our Captain for the relaxing of the winter rules soon and this should also have an impact on the scores.
Thankyou to all those who participated in our recent survey. We had 320 responses out of 460 golf members and the Board are finalising the reports for display and information for you all. There were also a lot of constructive comments re what you all would like to see which the Board will review and take action items to address.
Key takeaways from the survey:
- The overall favourable percentage for the whole survey was approx. 88% that things were satisfactory to well received versus 12% that things were unsatisfactory to poor,
- The main priorities that people would like addressed are for a new irrigation system and an upgrade to the 11th fairway,
- Members are very satisfied with the service provided by all QGC Bar, Admin, Pro Shop and Bistro staff,
- Communication of information to members requires attention,
- More information about the levy to substantiate why it is still being paid.
In line with the above survey feedback….
We are in the process of finalising a Grant submission for the replacement of our approx. 30 year old irrigation system. We have a quotation for $600K for the replacement and the Board will review and advise options around the grant and contingencies if not successful. The replacement needs to occur within the next 12 months as the current system is not sustainable and in the event of a drought the course would be at significant risk. We have the best access to water but the worst distribution method. It is anticipated that we will commence and complete this program in May/June/July 2021.
Thanks to all QGC Club, Bistro, Pro-shop, and Greens Staff – their quality service is appreciated by you all as evidenced in the survey. One thing I would like to mention here is that if you do have issues please don’t shoot the messenger and take it out on our staff. There have been a couple of reported incidents lately that have been disappointing and I trust it will not occur again.
In line with the methods of communication The Board are in the process of reviewing a complete upgrade/update of our website which will include better and more frequent communication for us all. We have a proposal that has been approved and an implementation date will be advised soon. This is long overdue and will hopefully rectify a number of other issues not only communication.
The $18.00 comp fee was again reviewed at the last Board meeting, and as we are still operating at a reduced capacity due to COVID-19, the Board has decided to continue for another month, where it again will be reviewed in line with the changing COVID-19 restrictions. In addition, this month we are processing all outstanding and deferred payments with our financial position to then be reviewed and assessed for the possible cessation of the COVID levy.
In addition I would like to provide the below updates for you all:
- Congrats to Pete Ingram and Andy Ludzioweit for making the final of the A grade match play and best of luck to both in what should be a close match.
- The school holiday program run by Jake, Matt and Trent has been well received with 25 starters. Great effort and hopefully we will unearth future QGC players from the group.
- The Dodgers volunteer program continues to amaze with their efforts and achievements. How good do the new pine log garden beds look? I am sure I am speaking on behalf of all members when I thankyou all for your efforts.
- Our CEO, Tony Treeve, has come through his hip operation well and is expected back at work on Monday 12 October. We wish Tony a speedy recovery and look forward to his improved mobility around the club and course.
- The Board also approved a new Toro leasing arrangement for some new equipment to enable our Greens staff to maintain our playing surfaces to their high standards. Great job BK, Brendan and Jamie on the greens reno and they will now be supported more by Leigh and Paul as we move into the growing season.
Good luck to everyone in upcoming Club Championships and look forward to some great golf in the coming months as we move into our course being in top condition and warmer weather.
At the most recent meeting of the club’s Board of Directors, it was resolved unanimously that the club implement a Social Media Policy.
As with most publicly accessible websites, Facebook sites and Instagram pages, Queanbeyan Golf Club is not immune to persons or entities who wish to ruin the social media experience for all participants.
The club has enacted the attached Social Media Policy, which now forms part of the Club’s By-Laws, by which members are formally beholden.
Members are invited and encouraged to read and familiarise themselves with the Social Media Policy. Any member with queries in this regard, are respectfully requested to contact the Club’s General Manager at your earliest opportunity.
Hi folks, it’s THAT time of year again. Membership renewal time.
With the 2019/20 season finishing up on 31st July 2020, please assist by renewing your membership in a timely manner. Any and all full payments received before 5pm on 30/6/2020 will receive an entry in to our Earlybird promotion* (You might win a Motocaddy M1 electric buggy, valued at $1499.00!!!)
CONGRATULATIONS TO JENNIE SMITH FOR WINNING THE “EARLY BIRD” PROMOTION!!!
Renewals can be made at Reception, or by completing the form below, and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members are respectfully reminded that if membership subscriptions are not paid by 5pm on Friday 14th August 2020, your membership privileges (including playing in competitions) will be deactivated.
Golfers looking to join our fair club for the first time, please complete the Membership Application below, and email it to email@example.com
When: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month during School Terms
Time: 4pm for approximately 45 minutes
Cost: $10.00 per clinic
How to book: Just call the pro shop on 6297 2542 on the morning to confirm you child’s attendance.